Search This Blog

2017/06/04

Whipple Maintenance 06/04/2017

Intersections between Whipple 01 - 04 were re-blazed, with the exception of Segment B and the remainder of C.  My 2008 Chevy HHR LS has a manual transmission and a parking brake cable snapped.  It has about 181k miles and 1st gear isn't holding on any sort of incline.  So, I had lunch in Marietta and purchased wheel chalks from a nearby auto parts store.  I went back to continue re-blazing when a tree that I needed had some ivy on it.  I didn't bother to check if it was poison ivy, but I realized that I wasn't prepared for any today and it was more likely than not that I was going to encounter it down trail.  So, I wrapped it up and called it a day there.

I missed the turn to finish Segment C and start D.  The road to get into there is Bean Ridge and I think it was hidden on a curve on C9?  Segment D is Whipple Section, Pt. 05 - 06 and the two points have to be approached on opposite ends because Brooks Rd/ T94 in Lawrence Township of Washington County is rough between them.  I avoid that portion of road whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment