Search This Blog

2015/11/29

Log 2015112901

As I mentioned before, I plan to submit my 10 Mile Continuous Hikes Without Transit data to the Buckeye Trail Association (BTA).  While I was routing through the Mogadore Section - Buckeye Trail (BT), I discovered I came along a camping/ lodging amenity gap in the Mantua of Portage County area.  The problem was that I had never done a mock hiking route on this scale and without transit before, so taking into account where the last campsite/ lodging amenity was, how do I restart???  There's no rule for this and I have to be contentious of my criticism as this document may be scrutinized someday.

The other 10 mile document uses transit, so it's parameters are a little different.  With the non-transit data, I'm going to re-start routing at the nearest public parking area prior to the first campsite if the mock hiker travels in the clockwise (CW) direction.  The problem is that my parking area data still doesn't account for any road right-of-way widths yet.  More precise parking areas could make a difference in determining the amenity gap's exact parameters.

These areas drive me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment