Search This Blog

2015/07/09

Log 2015070901

According to information from my point of contact and federal property shapefiles from the National Forest Service, I believe that part of the off-road for the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country National Scenic Trail is on nine easements in the Marietta Unit of The Wayne.  At this time, I do not know how wide they are, or if there are inaccuracies with the BT GIS data, or NFS's shapes?

Until I do know, all BT/ NCNST hikers in the Marietta Unit should refer to the federal property shapes on the maps from either agency.  In my opinion, the North Country Trail Association's (NCTA) OH-105 map displays them better, but the Buckeye Trail Association's (BTA) October 2010 Whipple Section map and guide is more up to date by 7 years.  They'll both do fine, it's just that the NCTA's map illustrates this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment