Search This Blog

2013/10/18

Log 2013101801

The bicycle was put into the shop in Cambridge this afternoon, but it won't be out until tomorrow.  In the meantime, the rear rack securing tab will be broken as the technician will have to remove the rack to install the conventional seat post and mounting gear.  The tab was bent and weakened when I installed the noseless bicycle seat.  Since that seat has a lesser profile in the rear, I moved the rear rack up the post so that I could use the entire bed.  Before, I was getting 3/4ths at best because of the rear profile of my seats and the slant of the post.
This unfortunately delays my progress, hiking the Buckeye/ North Country Trail in Southeast Ohio.  Right now, I'm not sure what to do about it?  The shop opens at 11am and I'm not too keen on pulling all nighters much anymore.  But, I may be able to get a shave a few miles off of the trip from Belle Valley to the AEP ReCreation Lands - Campground H. 
The bicycle ride is about 15 miles itself, mostly on OH-78 which has a lot of turns and hills.  Having been there on bike the last time I was at Basecamp Alpha, I know that I need that bike in top condition or it won't survive in SEO.
Work to perform at home port continues to mount.  But for reasons I won't elaborate on, the way I see it... I'll have plenty of time to make those repairs.  On 4 November, I'm scheduled to have doctor's appointments in Cleveland.  Right now, I believe that I will probably remain at home port until towards the end of winter.  I have 24 days remaining on the Buckeye Trail.  The object of what I'm doing now is get as much of that done as possible before the 3rd.  Which raises the question... should I forgo some sleep and hike tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment