Search This Blog

2021/07/06

Fusible Link or Ground Location

I had to install a new PCV in my 1990 Buick Riviera with a GM 3800 engine.  It's located between the power steering pump/ alternator and the intake manifold on the right side of the engine.  I can't get you a picture as my back camera on my smartphone is broken.

But the PCV is is a very tight space.  So I had to disconnect 3 spark plug and fuel injector wires, plus detach some electrical connectors from various other places to reach the PVC.  But while I have all that out, I might as well replace the 31 year old conduit that's been disintegrating.  These wires are routed in such a way that they're in contact with the heat from the exhaust manifold.  So, I'm thinking that I must get as much as I can replaced now that I have the opportunity.

While doing all this, I located a ground, or perhaps a fusible link?  It's located next to the power steering pump between the oil valve manifold for the even numbered cylinders and the PCV.

No comments:

Post a Comment