Search This Blog

2018/11/24

Winter Gear Moved In 11/24/2018

My car is still somewhat packed with gear and items that I brought from Home Port. But I had the opportunity to change out some items in my gear bay.  I dont remember seeing my clothing layers. So far, I switched out my 60 liter frameless backpack for my 90. 

During the cold days, I usually hike fully loaded with the 90 liter pack because there's a few more things to consider. All in all, it comes out to be about 48lbs without water.

One of the things to consider is here in Ohio, we have levels of "snow emergencies." They dont usually clear up too quick.  When a county sheriff declares a Level 3, anyone on the road could face arrest, including pedestrians.  Also, in the winter, there are warm and cold pockets that person could hike into. Then there could simply be a sudden temperature drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment