Search This Blog

2015/09/17

Log 2015091701

I finally took a ride on the New Matamoras/ Macksburg route on the Community Action Bus Lines (CABL) in Washington County.  I rode out and back because I wasn't getting the information that I needed from their office to write a full GPS track for the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource (OTHR).  It's been somewhat incomplete for the past few years.  But what I found out today was that we have many more opportunities to board this route from the Whipple Section - Buckeye Trail/ North Country Temporary Connector (BT/ NCTC, on-road).

Out of Marietta in the Macksburg direction, this flyer fixed route travels north along OH-60 to OH-821, then uses I-77 northbound and exits at the OH-821/ Macksburg Exit.  It travels CCW on Main and Broad Streets before heading south on OH-821.  At OH-821 and I-77, the route officially continues along OH-821 to OH-60 and back to the Washington County Courthouse.  But it may deviate in the southbound direction and take I-77 to OH-7 (Walmart & K-Mart) instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment