Search This Blog

2015/06/01

Log 2015060102

The Blennerhassett Hotel at 320 Market Street is in downtown Parkersburg, West Virginia.  It's about 3 blocks east of the American Discovery Trail - West Virginia and the Belpre - Parkersburg Bridge and 18.2 miles (walking distance) away from Whipple Section - Buckeye (North Country Trail Connector concurrent).  This hotel provides robes, has a special by-pass safety dial for shower water over 100F.  It also has dry cleaning service, a restaurant, valet and a parking lot across a nearby alley.  This is probably one of the more luxurious places to stay near The Wilderness Loop (Road Fork, Whipple, parts of the Belle Valley and Whipple Sections).  Not to mention that the staff's been very attentive and I've heard of others having a good stay here as well.

As Whipple Section's Supervisor, I thought I'd write a log for this establishment.  I know that there's hikers out there that like staying in more upscale lodging establishments. If you stay here and you have dirty boots (while I haven't heard of any such requirements), you might want to wipe them off with something like a water soaked spare t-shirt as a courtesy so you don't get the floors dirty when you come in from hiking in The Wayne.  I came in with my trail maintenance attire, which is pretty raggity, but out of place in my opinion.  I probably should had came in the front door in something nicer, but the staff didn't give me a problem with it.  However, I wouldn't recommend wearing the wet shirt that you might use to clean off your dirty boots.  As soon as I walked in the door, there was the restaurant in the next section.  And the men were wearing a casual button up shirt and pants that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment